Thursday, September 17, 2020

45th autumn

It’s September in the time of Covid. It’s about 6 months into this madness, and it’s still surreal.  Almost every aspect of life is different than it was a year ago, and yet, life goes on (so far, anyways.)

Priya is now a high schooler. For Now, that means only one day a week of in person learning, and 4 days of remote learning.   I think it’s good prep for college, honestly.   

She has So much independence and attitude, but is way more confident than I was at that age.  She’s beautiful and seems to love her life.  I’m still deeply sad that she doesn’t hug me or outwardly seem to appreciate me, but she does chatter with me almost every day about the details of her life, so I’m ok’ish. But I would do anything for a hug from Priya.  

Eli is now in middle school.  Skinny, tall, awkward.  
His voice got deep sometime towards the end of 6th grade.  He’s still obsessed with video games, doesn’t have a lot of friends, and mostly hates to get out of the house.  Still, there are glimpses.  He’s been running occasionally with me, and joined the cross country team.  He’s been biking and hiking with some friends a few times, and actually enjoyed himself. We are watching the Chernobyl series right now, and him and I are really into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

its funny

Its funny that I'm posting over a year later, and have similar things to say.  Also, I'm not sure if I'm writing this in the cor...